Tuesday, October 02, 2007

Hilary? Really?

As the new fundraising data comes in, it's becoming pretty apparent that Hilary Clinton is going to be the Democratic nominee for President. All I can say is, COME ON! Are you serious? I thought the Dems would at least put up someone with some charisma and charm...and someone who is likeable. I don't agree with a lot of what Barack Obama says...but, hey, I like the guy. Hilary though? The screaming banshee?


I will be the first to admit that I am completely bored to tears by the Republican candidates. I figure Mitt Romney is a nice guy who would make a terrific president. Guiliani is pretty dry. John McCain...the maverick? Bleh. Shoot, I was hoping Fred Thompson would run just to bring a little energy to the ticket. It's a shame Fred Thompson is 123-years old. I don't know who the nominee will be. If it's Guiliani, the Christian Right will splinter. If it's Romney...well, I don't know. If it's McCain, well, it won't be McCain. But there's one person who can reunite the Republican Party...and that's Hilary.

So, knowing the Republican party is boring and on the verge of splitting, you would think the Democrats would try to run someone who would appeal to everyone. Instead, they find the most polarizing candidate they can find and run Hilary Clinton. I'm just amazed. If the Democrats lose this election next November, they can look to their candidate and their unwillingness to look for a real candidate who can actually appeal to most Americans. And don't be surprised when it happens...

No comments: