Tuesday, October 09, 2007

Farewell, Joe Torre

Expect some serious changes in New York following last night's defeat to the Cleveland Indians. It's almost impossible that Joe Torre will be back next season. Rivera, Clemens, Pettite will probably all be gone. Posada could opt out. There's talk of A-Rod leaving the Bronx. But maybe that's not a bad thing. I like Joe Torre and I like the Yankees lineup but the pitching has been shaky...and that's obviously what killed them in this division series. There seems to be some homegrown prospects that could actually pitch as long as the Yankees don't try to sell them for some magic (old) beans between now and next season.

I'll be anxious to see a slightly altered team under a new manager. I think there is a core that will remain in New York that can be highly successful next year despite the absence of Torre and maybe some other big names. In the meantime, I'm the biggest Cleveland fan there can be...

Oh, and last night's football game between Dallas and Buffalo was sickening. I think I threw up a little when Dallas made the last second field goal...twice. It was just disgusting. I felt really bad for the hapless Bills fans. And, boy, do I dislike the Cowboys and Jerry Jones and T.O. and Tony Romo and...

No comments: