Thursday, October 25, 2007

City of Fairmont Launches Web-Site

Well, the City of Fairmont has finally gotten around to updating/changing their web-site (http://www.fairmontwv.gov/) -- and, well, it's not too bad really. The slogan could use a little work: "Spend a day... Spend a Lifetime." What's that mean really? If you spend a day in Fairmont there's a good possibility you will be kidnapped and held here for the rest of your life? Spend a day in Fairmont and you won't live any longer? I'm not sure...I'll take it to mean that if you spend a day here you'll want to move here. I'm guessing that's what they're talking about...

I'm hoping they are planning to expand the site a bit. "Our History" contains three items...an old bridge, an old coke plant and some old hotels. I think they can probably come up with a little more history than that. On the other hand, the future looks bright...a road, a waterpark and riverfront development. In other words, the future is a road no one likes anymore, a waterpark that may or may not be built and a riverfront development project that will probably take 50 years to complete. Not that I'm pessismistic about it or anything...

My favorite part might be under Visitor and Entertainment & Activities. Can you guess what is there without looking? Valley Falls, of course. Pricketts Fort, yep. And, well, the other four aren't quite attactions...well, I wouldn't consider them attractions necessarily.

But, anyway, the new site is really nice. I hope they expand on it a little bit. There's probably a lot more to Fairmont's past than a road and a couple buildings. Maybe not...but I think there probably is.

In other news, VH1 presents Rock Docs: Amazing Journey: The Story of The Who on Saturday, November 3rd at 9:00 p.m. I would encourage everyone to watch the amazing journey of The Who.

On the flip side, I encourage everyone to boycott FrankTV. It might actually be a good show but TBS has ruined any chance of me ever watching it thanks to their non-stop commercial blitz. I can't even watch Seinfeld in the evenings without being bombarded with Frank pretending to be Jack Nicholson or John Madden. It is infuriating.

Let me close by saying that I'm not watching the World Series...nor do I want to hear anything about the World Series. I don't believe I can stand another Red Sox victory and the pomposity that will sure ensue. It is quite disgusting to watch. "Manny being Manny" and "Big Papi" and "Bloody Sock Schilling" -- all make me physically nauseated. And don't even get me started on Terry Francona...there's just something about that guy I really, really don't like. Can't put my finger on it but not a fan.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

The new website is kind of like the new exit ramp connector - they both look nice with a lot of access -- to not much content at all.