Thursday, October 04, 2007

Football picks

I'm going to think about the West Virginia secession idea and let that stew and write a little more about that later. In the meantime, I will give my football picks for this week:

Fairmont Senior 27 - Buckhannon-Upshur 14. I feel pretty confident I will go attend this game since there's nothing better to do...

North Marion 12 - Morgantown 37. Poor, poor North Marion. I'm looking for words of encouragement but there just aren't any. Hey...at least you guys still come to the games. Maybe they turn it around this week...Morgantown isn't great. But still..

Unversity 14 - Brooke 17. I don't know why...feels like Brooke should win. Maybe repercussions from University losing to West Side.

Better Games Now:

Rutgers 14 - Cincinnati 24. Yeah...wow. Upset special I guess. I think Rutgers is going to be reeling from the loss to Maryland and I think Cincy is a better team than people think. Defense can win games and the Bearcats are going to prove it.

LSU 27 - Florida 14. Sorry...LSU is just that good.

Steelers 31 - Seattle 17. I hope anyway. They've looked good but Ben has to get rid of the ball in a timely fashion instead of running around, hoping to get away from defenders.

And, lastly - WVU 56 - Syracuse 18. Statement game. Or it should be anyway. You're coming off your first loss and your elimination from the national title hunt. They better come out swinging to prove a point. The Big East Championship and BCS bid are still out there. That's something to fight for...I would think anyway. If this is anything but a blowout...well, I won't be happy.

No comments: