Wednesday, May 24, 2006

The Poor Pirates...

I don't even know where to begin with the Pittsburgh Pirates. It's just so, so sad. They are currently 14-32. 14-32!! And there are no signs of life whatsoever. They could easily lose 100 games this season...in the same season they host the All-Star Game. Obviously Jim Tracy, the new Pirate manager, can't do anything to help this dismal club. They have one of the most beautiful ballparks in all of baseball but who wants to go watch a team that is out of playoff contention by the end of April? For the past 13 years? Of course, if you go watch them at PNC, you have a better chance to see them actually win...they are 10-11 at home. An abysmal 4-21 on the road. There is something definitely wrong in Pittsburgh...

I don't know who to feel more sorry for...the Pittsburgh fans or the actual Pittsburgh Pirate. I mean, he tries to keep a tough exterior but you know deep inside he's crying...he's crying. Well, I guess we all are...


In better news, the Yankees beat the Red Sox last night and pulled within 1.5 games of the AL East lead. That's pretty remarkable considering the injuries and the lack of pitching. If Sheffield comes back and they can pick up a pitcher, I would say the Yankees could dominate. I don't think offense should be an issue...


Now, seriously, who would you trust? The nice, cleancut guy on the left or that hippie scum on the right? Correct...the dude on the left is much, much better. I would feel safe buying a car from Johnny Damon now...not last year. Oh no, not last year.

And, I think that's about it for this morning. Oh, and I think I'm getting sick...sore throat, stuffy head thing...all the signs of a good ole cold...just in time for real summer weather. You know what...no stickin' illness is going to stop me from doing what I do. I just don't know what that is...

No comments: