Wednesday, May 10, 2006

More New York Stuff

Well, let's go back to Saturday I guess...first, the parading through the streets of New York was absolutely unbelievable. I'm not sure if everyone realized what an insanely unique opportunity that was. If they didn't, all they needed to do was talk to the tour guide who was in complete awe of it occurring. She immediately called her husband who was also completely in shock by that. It was just amazing...

And, the performance was great. A very good crowd showed up. We probably would have gotten a lot more if it wasn't for the road...I mean, couldn't they just shut down that street? I guess not...but, it was still cool. The "Top of the Rock" was very nice too. Quite a view...you could pretty much see the entire island from the top...it was really quite awesome. Got several pretty good pictures from there...but nothing compared to...

The HELICOPTER. Man, now that was a trip. Took a cab over to the helipad and waited around for a couple hours before traveling skyward around New York. Here's the helicopter and I'm in the front seat shooting pictures...


That was pretty amazing. If you go to New York, you can take a helicopter tour around the island for around $200 depending on how long you want to be up there. I would highly recommend it...it's worth the money...

And, Saturday night was The Lion King. It was excellent. The costumes and music were terrific. I would definitely enjoy seeing it again because I'm sure there's a lot of other things to watch during the show that I missed. It was just great. But, anyway, that's Saturday in New York, minus the traffic...

I'll finish the New York stuff by tomorrow and get back to the sports and whatnot soon...

No comments: