Sunday, May 21, 2006

More Bonds...

I figure I love the guy so much, I should write a little more about good ole Barry Bonds. After Barry and his performance enhancers hit out 714, he was interviewed by about every sports outlet in the world. Anyway, is it just me or is Barry really starting to sound more like Michael Jackson everyday? High voice...kinda whiny. It's really amazing...

ESPN, naturally, is trying to give a positive spin on Bonds feat. They spend much more time talking about the "cheering fans" rather than the multitude of fans that can't stand Bonds at all. I wonder if it has anything to do with the fact that ESPN produces a show called "Bonds on Bonds"? Could ESPN be trying to artificially raise Bonds positives to improve their own ratings? Nah...couldn't be possible.

Along the same lines though, why is Barry all the sudden a little humble and a little more media friendly? Just a few years ago he was telling the media that he would hit 715 and everyone could forget about Babe Ruth. Now he's talking about what an honor it is to be in the league as Ruth. Could Barry be trying to rehabilitate his image? Maybe he's looking at post-baseball and wanting to become an announcer? There's something amiss here. He's being insincere.

Anyway, Bonds will probably hit 715 in the next few days (or a week or so) and then we (if you want, I know I do) can forget about Bonds for the rest of the year. If he plays next year, we'll have to prepare for the potential of him catching Hank Aaron. I don't see if happening...I don't think his steroid-enhanced body can last that long. At least I hope it can't...

No comments: