Monday, November 07, 2005

Where to Begin...

Well, I was a little off in my predictions on Friday...I asked to see a sideline fight in the T.O. situation and I guess it happened in the lockerroom. Darn. More on that shortly.

I missed my game of the week obviously. I had predicted East Fairmont would beat West and neither team would go to the playoffs. Way off there. West destroyed East and made the playoffs. Oops. Now, I've watched East play like 6 games this year and West 2, now 3, and, I can say without a doubt that West Fairmont is not 32 points better than East. I could see how they might win in a close game but I would have never guessed a blowout like that. East has some talent but it never showed on Friday. The team came out flat and, I hate to say it, but that comes down to coaching. Maybe it's all psychological...I'm not sure...but it should have never been a game like that. 45-13, ridiculous. Now West gets to travel to Jefferson...good luck with that.

Notre Dame continued winning by beating an under-talented Tennessee team. I'm not sure I ever thought TN could win as much as I was hoping they would. I actually heard a commentator on ESPN on Saturday talking about how much a playoff would be great because then we could see a Notre Dame-USC rematch. Or even in a plus-one game. I've said this before and I'll say it again: Notre Dame has lost TWICE! Not once...TWICE. Give me a break.

On the winning side, Miami destroyed Virginia Tech and Marcus Vick was pretty ineffective. Of course, we got the obligatory Michael vs. Marcus comparisons...and we got to hear what a great coach the goiter is...and we got to talk about what a powerhouse Va. Tech is. I'm sorry...but Virginia Tech was NOTHING until like '95 at the earliest...until then, they were bottom feeders. I'll admit, Beamer has a good team...but they don't have the tradition of a Miami or FSU or Texas or USC, Nebraska, Oklahoma, Ohio State, Michigan...etc. And for ESPN to pretend they do is just insane.

Other wins I was right on...Penn State over Wisconsin...JoPa wins the Big 10 at the ripe age of 113. North Marion defeats Preston and celebrates by eating the buckwheat cakes the Preston had brought for a post-game snack. Steelers defeat the Packers and eat all the cheese in Wisconsin. Brett Favre is still wandering around LaBeau Stadium looking for someone to overthrow. So, for the week I was 4-2.

Lastly, and firstly, T.O. has been indefinitely suspended from the Eagles. What in the world took them so long? And how has it taken this long for someone to get into a fist fight with him? I'm surprised that didn't happen at training camp. He's alienated the quarterback, head coach and entire Eagles organization. I would send him away now...there's certainly some bottom-feeding team that will take him and let him run the entire organization...I'm talking to you Houston.

So, good luck to you T.O. and, just to get it started now, the Red Sox are still going to suck next year.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey man this is Chris. I just wanted to say some stuff about the T.O. thing. They was stupid to keep him this long. But they do it when they need wins. Thats not to smart. He is still a big play maker even if he is like that. They should have done it before this yeat. Not now. I think they will win 2 games thats all now. Just wanted to say that. When we going to the Pirates game.