Wednesday, November 23, 2005

Thanksgiving Eve

Thanksgiving Eve doesn't sound right...but, that's what it is. Anyway, today is "Reason to Come to Work Day" here...and today's reason is: Backyard Brawl. So, if you want to wear jeans and a sweatshirt or something to work, you can. But, there's a catch...you have to pay $3.00 to the United Way Fund. So, the question is: Do you want to be blackmailed into paying $3.00 to a charity you may or may not support or do you want to have to dress like you would on a normal day? I wrestled with my decision all morning...the United Way is not my favorite charity and I hate being put in a position that I have to pay to wear jeans or something...but, on the other hand, I like to dress casual. So, when all was said and done, I caved and paid the money. I feel so cheap.

Worst case for the Mountaineers in Kansas City was realized last night...coming back 0-2. So, they are now 2-2 on the season...2-0 vs. cupcakes...0-2 vs. real competition. The LSU game Saturday will tell a lot about where this team will end up.

CNN put a big X over Dick Cheney's face during a recent speech. They say it was a computer glitch. I don't believe them...and neither should anyone else. CNN = Ted Turner = Liberal Windbag.

The economy has improved immensely over the summer and gas prices are dropping. Domestically, holiday sales are high and it looks like things are heading in the right direction. Won't see that on the news but that's reality. Katrina didn't destroy the US like everyone said it was going to.

That's about it for this morning...I may update again today since I know it's going to be a long, boring day here at the office...later.

No comments: