Monday, November 14, 2005

Weekend Wrapup

Well, not a lot really to talk about...went to the Mountaineer basketball game on Sunday against the powerhouse of Wofford. The Mountaineers were very cold in the first half which really scared me. Then they came out strong in the second half to pull away. I'm not sure that what I was watching was the 14th best team in the nation. Hopefully they will show some significant improvement before they have to face Texas next week...otherwise, a 0-2 finish in Kansas City is a distinct possiblity and would send WVU reeling out of the Top-25.

Steelers were able to beat Cleveland despite a Tommy Maddox siting. Hines Ward set the all-time reception record as a Steeler. That's pretty cool. T.O. won't be playing on Monday Night Football tonight...how cool is that? Nick Saban and the boys weren't able to beat the Patriots which was kind of disappointing.

Looks like we won't get a chance to play Alabama in the Sugar Bowl...LSU is a much tougher opponent for the Mountaineers if we get stuck playing them. I enjoyed watching South Carolina beat Florida despite my dislike for Spurrier. I'm sick of hearing how South Florida controls it's own destiny for the BCS...that's not true; WVU does.

I'm still shocked by the lack of Cincinnati fans at the Mountaineer game Wednesday. It was really disappointing...I can't believe the Bearcat fans didn't show up. Not a good sign for the Big East.

No comments: