Thursday, November 03, 2005

West Virginia Rolls

Well, I'd be a liar if I said that the Huskies didn't scare me a little going into the game. But West Virginia quashed any doubts early in the game and absolutely annihilated the poor UConn Huskies. It was a brilliant display of running and tough defense.

On the negative side though, the passing game is still non-existent. Pat White had several open receivers early in the game and overthrew them all. J.R. House came in and threw the ball better than Pat. We can beat Cincy, Pitt and maybe USF with no passing game...but, should we accomplish that, I have a hard time believing we can beat a BCS team with no passing game. We need at least the threat of being able to throw the ball and I'm not sure Pat White's arm is any better than Rasheed's was. He did finish 7-16 for 106 yards, which isn't bad, but we still have no deep threat.

Anyway, in other news:
  • I got cold at the game and left in the 3rd quarter. As if you care...
  • The Lakers beat Denver last night. I hate Kobe Bryant.
  • A-Rod got in trouble for allegedly going to illegal poker games in New York. I can't believe that really made headlines on ESPN. How stupid.
  • Pitt plays Louisville tonight...we need Louisville to win to stay in the Top 25 and help the Big East. Pitt's season has been a waste.
  • Notre Dame gave Charlie Weiss a 10-year extension the other day because he started 5-2. Ty Willingham started 8-0 in his first year at N.D. and got a pat on the back. Everyone loved Tyrone except the boosters at Notre Dame. But N.D. insists it wasn't because he was a different race. Yeah, right.
  • East Fairmont bonfire tonight in preparation for the big East/West Game tomorrow night. Playoff implications could be on the line. But, they're not. Neither team, win or lose, will probably make the playoffs.

Football predictions this afternoon or tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dear Mike,

I perused your post (this post) with much interest as I was looking for ways to buy and sell instant road repair. Unfortunately your article was not exactly what I was looking for
instant road repair. But luckily there is a site I have found that allows you to buy and sell anything like instant road repair on interest free credit and you can pay for your instant road repair whenever you want. Here's the link one more time: instant road repair.

Anonymous said...

Dear Mike,

I perused your post (this post) with much interest as I was looking for ways to buy and sell instant road repair. Unfortunately your article was not exactly what I was looking for
instant road repair. But luckily there is a site I have found that allows you to buy and sell anything like instant road repair on interest free credit and you can pay for your instant road repair whenever you want. Here's the link one more time: instant road repair.