Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Hmmmm...Let's See...

Well, things are progressively getting more interesting at work...it starts about two weeks ago...you may enjoy this story or you may not...but I'm telling it anyway:

So, about two weeks ago we have a department meeting to find out what everyone is working on and what we need to accomplish to finish out the year. Everyone kinda gives an update on projects they've been handling...etc. We get to my office neighbor, who I'll refer to as Habib (not real name) and he says "Nothing really". Nothing? He's been working on nothing. I mean, give me a break. Make something up...why would you say "nothing"? I mean, at least pull out a "Oh, I've been working on these TPS reports...they require cover letters now, ya know?".

So, with the "nothing" answer, we (my boss & I) decided to get a dry erase board to put at the end of the hall with outstanding projects that anyone could work on...like, fix a printer, move a computer, do some work...that kind of stuff. Well, when I left for Cincy on Wednesday, there were 17 tasks on the board. When I came back on Monday, there were...take a guess...17 tasks on the board. That's some efficiency there...

So, anyway, the guy works in another office a couple times a week...and I noticed that Habib had a laptop on his desk. So, I'm trying to gather up all our floater laptops and stuff so I was trying to figure out what this laptop was on his desk that was connected to an analog phone line. I booted it up and it was a floater but I decided to check out the Internet history...and, to my surprise, found Fantasy Footbal. Now, this is the same guy that we had to block Fantasy Football for the firm because he spend so much time on it. I ran a report on the analog line and he's been spending 3-5 hours a day hooked up to this line. So, I wasn't real pleased about that...

I'm not sure what we're going to do with this guy...my boss clearly isn't pleased with his work. He was telling me yesterday about a wireless router security fiasco that Habib caused. Apparently he doesn't know what a MAC Address is. He's alienated everyone in the department at some point. His office is immaculately clean...which, I know, isn't a reason to complain but if you saw what a mess mine is, you would complain too. I tWhen I see what work he does, I don't feel so bad about writing this blog thing...

Anyway, I felt I needed to vent that frustration out today before I go to work on my next project...I'm going to go add some things to the board as if it will do any good. It's only a matter of time before my head explodes...who wants to watch? Oh, and everyone else who works here isn't nearly that bad...just wanted to throw that in.

No comments: