Monday, November 28, 2005

Oh My Aching Head...

I hate the weather...it's 20 degrees, it's 50 degrees, it's 70 degress, it's 30 degrees...it's killing me. I don't know if it's a cold, flu, sinus issue...I have no idea...but I do know I'm not feeling well. Sore throat, headache, congestion and coughing. What a foursome that is! I took some Tylenol Cold with Acetaminophen and that, at least, has helped the sore throat a bit. Not as irritating as it was pre-medication.

Anyway, I guess I'm debating on whether trying to make an attempt to go to the Sugar Bowl this year or not. There are positives...there are negatives. So, here is a quick pro/con list of going to the Sugar Bowl (assuming WVU is there).

Pros:
  • Atlanta should be warmer than West Virginia
  • Spending New Year's in Atlanta could be a lot of fun
  • I believe West Virginia can actually beat LSU
  • A lot of WVU fans attending the bowl makes the entire Big East look better
  • Get out of town

Cons:

  • $$$
  • Have to take a day off work (Jan. 3rd)
  • Travel to/from Atlanta
  • WVU sucks in bowl games

So, there are just a few reasons to go/not to go. I think it may come down to the $$$ at the end of it all...holidays are before us and I hate spending money on a stupid football game. But, on the other hand, I've been known to blow money on worse things.

I started Christmas shopping last night...online. I anticipate that 75% of all my Christmas shopping will be done online. I just hope that I can keep the credit cards at a reasonable level...it's easy to charge things...harder to pay those charge bills. I am probably 15% done with my shopping.

That's all I can think of at the moment...have a good one.

No comments: