Thursday, February 01, 2007

Where Has All The Water Gone?

Water, water everywhere but not a drop to drink. Fairmont seems to losing its water and no one, as of yet, has identified where it's going. I thought something was awry when it took me twice as long to shower Thursday morning...but I just figured it was a fluke. And then the word came down...there's a hole somewhere in Fairmont. And it just happens to be in a waterline.

The ever resourceful Fairmont Utility Manager told residents to look for unusually large amounts of water. Hmmmm...yeah. I'm guessing the amount of water that would have to be leaking in order to shut down a county would probably have been noticed by now. I can't imagine someone is going to wake up tomorrow and be like "Holy crap...I need to call the Fairmont Utility Manager...I just thought all that water belonged there."

Things are so bad that poor little Grant Town is completely dry. Water that is...the bars will remain open. Are there any bars in Grant Town? Hmmmm... Anyway, the situation caused Marion County schools and Fairmont State University to close on Friday. Unfortunately, my work remains unaffected despite my best attempts.

I have a theory behind the missing water...I believe it is a publicity stunt perpetuated by Sean Stevens and Peter Berdovsky in an attempt to promote Cartoon Network's "Aqua Teen Hunger Force." Scaring the crap out of Bostonian's isn't enough for Turner Broadcasting...they have to steal Fairmont's water too. Well, I'm sick of it. When are these high pressure advertising techniques going to end?

Anyway, hopefully the water situation can be resolved soon...I've seen some people in Marion County...if they miss a shower cycle, well, we'll all suffer. And I'm not even going to touch the toilet situation...let's just say it ain't gonna be pretty.

No comments: