Sunday, February 04, 2007

In Search of Water

The water mystery in Marion County continues...so I decided to take it upon myself to find all the missing water. My travels took me far...here is my story:

I decided to check with some obvious places first...the water couldn't have traveled too far. My first destination: 12 Street Pool. Sure, the pool hasn't been in use for several years but, supposedly, improvements were being made and a dome is going to be put on the facility for full-time use. Could those improvements been made without anyone noticing? Did 12th Street steal the water?

Ummmm...maybe not. My next lead took me to some local churches. Rumor on the street was that a local church was attempting to make 7.5 million gallons of holy water to sell on Fairmont's black market. I visited the churches in Fairmont but didn't notice anything unusual. It would take a very smart and shrewd holy man to hide that much water and I was coming up dry.

Last time I was at Fairmont State was in an attempt to play football at Rosier Field. When you stepped foot on the field, you basically sunk. Is it possible that the water was leaking under the field? Well, I visited Fairmont State to see...and, while the field is muddy and pretty crappy, there isn't 7.5 million gallons of water there.

Some local ducks were hanging out down by the river. I could tell these ducks were from out of town and were up to no good. I questioned the ducks at length about their involvement in the missing water but they wouldn't crack. I put them in separate interrogation rooms but their stories checked out and they all had alibis. I told them to pack up and get out of Fairmont. This case was going nowhere.

My travels then took me to our neighbor to the north. Did Morgantown know anything about the missing water? There's been some talk that WVU is going to reenact great naval battles at the Coliseum much like the Romans did in the original Colosseum. Could they have borrowed water from Fairmont to fill the arena? I nosed around a bit but didn't find anything.

After driving around Morgantown for the day, I called it quits. I need a couple days to regroup and get a fresh perspective. It's not like the missing water just evaporated, it has to be out there and I'm going to find it. I'll be doing random house checks in the next few days. But I have condluded that the missing water is not in Morgantown.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Hey Mike! Find that water yet? Chris and I both really like reading your blog, I linked it from my page. You should stop over sometime, play catch up....

Rebecca