Thursday, February 15, 2007

Just Cancel School

Thus far, I have managed to contain my criticm of the local schools for canceling school at the drop of a single flake. But after Tuesday's cancellation despite the complete lack of snow (thanks weather forecasters) and today's cancellation due to -- ummm, the sun being out -- I've come to the realization they should just cancel the rest of the school year. I've lost track, but I think students in Marion County have been out 8 or 9 days so far -- mostly due to cold weather (thanks global warming) -- and I just don't see any reason for them to return to school. I know a lot of kids and, personally, I think they're smart enough. Plus, there's always a chance it could rain or snow or there could be a meteor shower...do we really want to risk sending kids to school during a meteor shower? I know I sure don't. So, please, cancel the school year -- do it for the children.

I decided to turn on the Today Show this morning before I left for work, which is unusual. And I was listening to the lovely Ann Curry do her 3-minute newscast. During which, she reported on Tim Hardaway's reaction to John Amaechi's recent announcement that he was gay. You can read the comments here -- let's just say Hardaway doesn't like gay people.

But, anyway, after reading Hardaway's comments, Curry started laughing when attempting to report a story about the dollar coin. When the camera shot back to Curry, she apologized for laughing and then blamed Al Roker for her laughing -- I think she said something along the lines of "he laughed first," to which Matt Lauer thanked Curry for throwing Al under the bus. It was a very odd exchange...and very funny to watch. Curry tried to cover by saying Hardaway's comments were just too far over the line -- personally, I think Curry really did find them funny -- and so didn't Al and Laurer -- which is funny to me. I haven't been able to find the YouTube of the exchange yet...it will probably never exist because no one found it funny but me.

Anyway, that's all for this morning...I gotta get on the phone with Microsoft and try to get some licensing so I'm sure my head will be exploding some time this afternoon. Oh, and again, I call for the rest of the school year to be cancelled...who needs class time?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

http://tinyurl.com/3ax6lw

anne clip