Tuesday, April 11, 2006

Arr, Arr Mateys...

Apparently no one has really been paying a lot of attention...but, the Pittsburgh Pirates are 1-7 and not looking too good. I thought this was supposed to be the year they finally get back above .500 for the first time in 12 years or so...maybe compete for a playoff spot? I mean, how embarrassing is it to host the All-Star game and potentially have zero all-star players? I'm just amazed by the how poorly this team has played over the years...I don't even know if I want to go to a game this year. The only thing that comes to mind is: "Thar she blows!"

Anyway, gas prices are shooting back up and there's no relief in sight that I can see. Expect to see $3.50 sometime this summer. With the way Iran is going, we may see higher than that. Better figure out who you are going to carpool with. It's going to be a nasty summer for travel...another reason not to go to a Pirates game.

On a positive note, I think the warm weather has finally arrived and I think I'll wash my car this evening...maybe. Depends on how I feel...still trying to recover from the lack of sleep last week. More later...

No comments: