Sunday, January 27, 2008

XBox Died

I was jamming along to the Rolling Stones' "Gimme Shelter" one minute and the next, my XBox died. Three red lights started blinking and that console wasn't doing anything worth while. So, naturally, I got on the Inter-web and searched around for about 2 seconds before I found my error and discovered that Microsoft is aware of the issue and provides free repair for up to three years. Needless to say, I'm shipping the ol' Xbox back to Microsoft for repairs.

I've had this Xbox for a couple years and registered it with Microsoft upon receipt. Thankfully, I hadn't made any alterations to void the warranty but I think it's a little shabby that Microsoft was fully aware of this GPU x-clamp issue but failed to fully inform the customers via US mail or e-mail. But what can you do? At least they're fixing it...and I really probably won't miss it that much to be honest. Just an annoyance that I didn't want to deal with.

No comments: