Monday, January 28, 2008

Work Update

Things have heated up dramatically at work since we received the release of our document management software. We are now a mere 7-days away from rolling out a Proof of Concept to our IT department and a short 14-days away from providing a functional system to the first group of test users. In less than 5-weeks, we will begin actually giving this new Vista system with Office 2007 to production users.

With that said, now I must revisit every step I have taken over the last 6 months to determine what I have missed. So far today, I have discovered at least 6 applications that have not been packaged for the deployment. Obviously IT won't catch these missed applications because, let's face it, we don't really use many applications. But when we start migrating actual users and are missing applications, things could get ugly.

It will definitely be an interesting couple weeks here. My schedule is pretty full...but I'm anxiously awaiting actually deploying one of these machines to see how far we are off on this whole project. If everything proceeds on schedule, the entire project will be over by June. I can only hope for a positive outcome. Or I could be looking for alternative employment...

No comments: