Sunday, November 25, 2007

Yes, I Saw...

Yes, West Virginia defeated UConn. Yes, they did so in dominating fashion. Yes, they put out their argument for #1 and a shot at a BCS title. I know, they put up 66 points against one of the "best" defenses in the Big East. Alright, I saw Pat White run all over them (I also saw him continue to throw the ball high to his receivers, but I digress). I saw it all...and I heard the excitement. I know, I know...but...

There's another freakin' game before the bowl season begins. WVU still has to play the hapless Pitt Panthers at Milan Puskar Stadium for the 100th Backyard Brawl. And if you think the Wannstaches are going to come into Morgantown and roll over, you haven't been paying attention. Yes, WVU controls its fate...win and you're playing on January 7th. But I would wait on the reservations one more week and make sure this is a secure, done deal. There have been a lot of Top 5 teams looking to punch that ticket to New Orleans. None of done so...yet.

In the meantime, remember that "giving the business" in college football is a 15-yard penalty:



Same with the NFL:

No comments: