Monday, November 19, 2007

Mike Vick Turns Himself In Early

Ending one of the most spectacular falls from grace ever, Michael Vick turned himself into authorities early to begin serving his sentence for being involved in a dogfighting ring. Vick hasn't been sentenced yet but it appears that 12 to 18 months will be the time he serves. He could be sentenced up to 5 years but that's pretty unlikely since he plead guilty.

It is very, very unlikely that Vick will ever play football in the NFL again. I don't see any instance where Roger Goodell will let him back in the league. And, even if he were allowed to return, is there an owner out there willing to take a chance on an average quarterback who would be mercilessly hounded by fans both at home and on the road. And what a P.R. nightmare. So, here's to the end of the Mike Vick saga...may we never hear of it again.

On a related note, the picture I made of Mike Vick kinda kicking a dog has made the rounds on the Internet. I checked stats the other day just to see if I had any traffic on the one of the web domains I own and this one picture has over 69,000 hits. I tracked it to message boards of several NFL teams. A writer on Fox used it a few times. It appeared on ebay numerous times. It made the rounds on comments on MySpace sites multiple times. I was truly amazed because I didn't think it was that well done. And then, I did a Google image search for "Mike Vick" and found that it was the 5th picture on the search. Hmmmm...just thought that was interesting. In case you don't remember...he's the picture that has been viewed several thousands times on web-sites near and wide...

So, for whatever that is worth...I guess it's kinda cool but I didn't get any credit from anyone and they're all trying to eat my bandwidth...so, that's not cool. But as long as no one tracks me down and beats me up, I'll just take it as flattery...

No comments: