Friday, June 29, 2007

The Beanwich

First of all, I spent Thursday and Friday in the Martinsburg area. I have said it before, and it's worth repeating, the drive to Martinsburg is horrendous. Three hours of mountains to a boring place. It's no fun at all. And you can't really make up time because the troopers in Maryland are everywhere. I saw no fewer the six people pulled over in Maryland. Probably more. Compare that to the zero in West Virginia.

Anyway, in Martinsburg we upgraded the RAM on the computers in the office out there. Took about 3 hours to do 30 machines so that gives us a starting poing for the rest of the offices. No problems and everyone logged in this morning without issue...which is a good thing. Then I headed back Clarksburg way and spent the afternoon in the office putting in quotes for more laptop and PCs. Spending money...woo-hoo.

Then, this evening, I went with a few folks to the Boston Beanery in Morgantown. And one just happened to look through the menu and order the "Beanwich." Apparently, without reading the description, he assumed the Beanwich was a speciality burger or sandwich at the good ol' Beanery. That would be incorrect.

The "Beanwich" is actually two pieces of Texas Toast served with a hearty layer of baked beans between them. There is also a soggy piece of bacon included. And throw in some peppers. Baked beans, bacon and peppers on toasted bread. Not necessarily the most appetizing looking thing in the world...and, after getting the reaction, apparently not the most tasty either. I would have taken a picture but I didn't have my camera. Maybe that's a good thing.

Anyway, I wouldn't recommend the Beanwich at the Beanery. I would recommend reading the description to things you haven't eaten before...and maybe you can avoid a Beanwich-type experience. Just a warning...

No comments: