Thursday, June 07, 2007

Waterpark Update

Many have inquired and today the investigative department of the Times-West Virginian finally gave us an update on the waterpark situation in Fairmont: Everything is "moving pretty smoothly."

Wow...I am blown away. This is the type of journalism I want to see. It is "moving pretty smoothly." While the article does describe some of the progress that is being made, it fails to give one vital detail that I really wanted to see: a completion date. Doesn't look to be anytime soon. The recycling portion of the cleanup isn't slated to be completed until mid-2008 at this point. That leads me to believe that an opening by the summer of 2009 is out of the question. But who knows?

On a positive note, crews have allegedly hauled away over 250,000 tons of waste from the site. And they're saying 70% of the north landfill has been cleaned up. That's always good.

I was going to take some pictures of the site...but I can never tell what they're doing when I drive by the location. Honestly, even though I went there for the announcement, I still can't pinpoint where this thing is going to be. I've see some trees are missing...but I don't know what they're doing and I don't want to get shot trying to get too close. Apparently the people at the Times felt the same way since there have been no pictures of the site in the paper since the announcement in October 2006. I would try harder, but I don't want to get shot. But, that's my waterpark update for today...not much to report, obviously.

In better news, the paper has managed to not report the price of gas for 4 days. I believe that would have to be a record. Way to go!!!

No comments: