Saturday, June 16, 2007

Eh, Cancel Yard Sale Saturday

It was a bad idea...I drove around and saw a few yard sales but there was no way I was stopping and having some yard sale people staring me down because I was the only person at the yard sale. I feel the same way about stores...I don't want to make small talk and, chances are, I'm not buying anything...so I just didn't feel like I should stop. Had I ran into a yard sale that had a lot of people, I might have stopped and looked around...but that just wasn't happening today.

So, I'm sorry to disappoint everyone, but Yard Sale Saturday is hereby postponed indefinitely. I might try again later when I'm feeling a bit more ambitious. Anyway, not sure what I'm going to do today now...but I'm not yard sale hopping...that's for sure.

1 comment:

Rebecca said...

Well there's your problem...you should never go yard saling (sailing?) ....yard sale hopping alone. You've got to take someone with you. That way you can chat the whole time with the person you know and just give the head nod to the people who are watching you pick through their stuff.

Plus, you'll have someone to talk you out of buy a bunch of absolute crap that you'll just sell from your front your a week later.