Friday, June 15, 2007

Spurs Win Title *yawn, yawn*

Wow...the San Antonio Spurs won the NBA Championship last night. Did anyone watch? I watched the last 2 minutes I think...that was about the extent of my NBA experience this year. I did watch the first game in the championship series and declared the Spurs the champions then...so I'm not sure why the other 3 games were even necessary.

Is there any sport less relevant than the NBA? Ratings were down...I mean way, way down. No one cares about the NBA. Not even the new Jordan could save the NBA this year. LeBron James was just as boring as the entire sport. Unless you lived in Cleveland or San Antonio, it was impossible to enjoy this series in the least.

Let's face it, the NBA needs Kobe in the Finals...or Shaq. Phoenix is fun to watch...Dallas with Mark Cuban is always interesting. Shoot, bring me Golden State or Washington. But the San Antonio/Cleveland pairing had to be the most boring the NBA could possibly get...at least Detroit has the always entertaining Rasheed Wallace. The Spurs have no personality at all and, I'm sorry, but LeBron James is no Jordan...he's not even a Kobe. He's as boring as everyone else on the Cleveland team.

I don't see Oden or Durant saving the NBA. It's pretty much dead compared to the NFL, NCAA football, NCAA basketball and MLB. Shoot, even NASCAR has a larger, and more rabid, fanbase. The NBA is closer to turning into the NHL than the NFL. And that's pretty sad.

No comments: