Sunday, May 20, 2007

Fairmont - Your Vacation Destination

Well, it's time for part three of the many part mini-series of why Fairmont should be your vacation destination this summer. First, let me reiterate that I have researched the story that accompanies each attraction as best I could...some of my facts might be off a little.

Last week I covered the shopping metropolis that Fairmont is thanks to the Middletown Mall. But some people find the mall too sprawling and large...and even though all your shopping needs can be covered at the mall, some people prefer another store near the mall. Ladies and Gentlemen, I present to you the NEW Super "Wal-Mart."

For those of you not in the know, a "Wal-Mart" is a large complex in which goods of all kinds can be purchased. The one in Fairmont used to be known simply as "Wal-Mart," but the company decided that it wasn't large enough so they built a new one and added "Super" to the title. At these "Wal-Marts," you can purchase food stuffs, garments, toiletries, detergents and even VCRs. It is an all-in-one shopping complex for the thrifty shopper.

Personally, I don't see the need for this "Wal-Mart" considering the thriving stores at the nearby mall but some people actually prefer this "Wal-Mart" over the mall. Very interesting indeed. The "Wal-Mart" is also rumored to have attracted a new restaurant near it's location. I think a Red Lobster...or an Appleby's...or maybe it was a Burger King. No idea really.


This so-called "Wal-Mart" is yet another reasont to visit the metropolis of Fairmont. I don't think these "Wal-Marts" will catch on, so you might want to visit it while it is still in business. But, hey, it might actually work.


So, head to Fairmont and see this colossal store. "Wal-Mart" - yet another reason to visit Fairmont. I look to forward to seeing you soon! More next week.

1 comment:

Christopher Scott Jones said...

I heard that the Fairmont Walmart is so large that it has its own ecosystem and an unstudied aboriginal culture near the automotive department.