Sunday, May 13, 2007

Fairmont - Your Vacation Destination

Well, it's time for part two of the many part mini-series of why Fairmont should be your vacation destination this summer. First, let me reiterate that I have researched the story that accompanies each attraction as best I could...some of my facts might be off a little.

Today's reason is a really good one...a sprawling shopping center. People enjoy shopping and Fairmont boasts a mall. A very -- a very, very -- well, it's a mall.

In addition to having things like lights and doors, this mall contains many stores. Among some of the highlights for your shopping pleasure: GNC, Hallmark, the DMV, Dollar General, Shop and Save and the High Life Lounge.

Granted, the mall hasn't been the same since Chess King moved out...but it's still a heckuva mall. Unpictured are some of the great restaurants that surround the mall...such as Arby's, Hardees and Taco Bell. Oh, and a Bob Evans. And don't forget the empty sports bar that sits right next door.

Rumor has it that the mall was built by ancient Egyptians. I don't see it...really, I don't. Does this look like the work of Egyptians?

Anyway, Fairmont's mall can suit all your shopping needs. And, if it can't, I will cover something in a later article that definitely will. It rhymes with Fal-Mart. But that's for another article.

So, Fairmont's mall...yet another reason to make Fairmont your vacation destination this summer. Seriously...do you think you can do any better? Have you seen gas prices? (If not, read the Times-West Virginian...they like to write about them.) Come to Fairmont...and shop! More next week...

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, man.. these are awesome. I can't wait for the next part of the series! I just may make Fairmont my vacation destination this summer.

Rebecca said...

Rumor has it that an Applebees will be moving into the mall plaza soon.

Doesn't matter to me, if I'm going to get on the interstate and drive to an Applebees, it's going to be one with something else to do near it. Not one in south Fairmont.