Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Bloomberg to Buy Presidency

New York Mayor Michael Bloomberg may be willing to spend up to $1 BILLION dollars to purchase the presidency of the United States as a third party candidate. That seems like an insane amount of money for someone to personally put up to run for the presidency...and probably lose. Bloomberg is a fiscal conservative (good, good) and a social liberal (ah, whatever). I don't think Bloomberg stands much of a chance...that's why he's being so coy about the entire situation.

On an unrelated note, I am contemplating my own run for the presidency despite the fact that I am still constitutionally ineligible for the office (age...not the illegal alien thing). I am willing to use up to $25 dollars of my own money to run. I know that pales in comparison to Bloomberg's $1 BILLION but my message will resound with my voters. I promise you everything that I can't possibly deliver, just like Hilary.

Lastly, I haven't been watching much of the NBA playoffs. But I did catch some of the Spurs/Suns last night. Whew...things are getting ugly there. A small brawl broke out last night after Robert Horry (one of my most despised players in basketball) bodychecked Steve Nash into the scorers bench. I'm just glad that series is tied at 2 each because it could definitely get interesting. Hopefully Stoudemire doesn't get suspended for leaving the bench last night...that would definitely be a shame.

No comments: