Monday, March 26, 2007

Why I Hate This Year's Final Four

First of all, I got 2 out of the Final Four correctly...which isn't bad I guess. And my championship teams remain. But, I really don't like any of the Final Four teams. None of them at all. Georgetown is as close as it comes to me actually supporting one of these teams. And that's only because 1) Georgetown is in the Big East, and 2) When I was little, I always thought Georgetown was pretty cool and on my first visit to DC (I was like 8), I made it a special point to find Georgetown apparel and I thought it was pretty awesome.

Anyway, I don't like the Final Four teams. So, I give you the following reasoning for hoping all four teams find someway to lose...

UCLA - Ben Howland used to coach at Pittsburgh. Right there is enough reason to hate them. UCLA has won 10 NCAA basketball championships...they don't need any more. Also, UCLA fans still think John Wooden is their coach. He's not. Jim Harrick used to coach there and won a national championship. Harrick is a well-known NCAA cheat.

Ohio State - Greg Oden is 73-years old. And Oden likes to shove little Xavier players. And shove them with malice in his heart. Come on...he almost pushed the guy in the first row. But, anyway, didn't Ohio State just play for a football national championship and get crushed? Do we really have to watch the same thing happen to them in basketball. No way Ohio State wins. They're just taking up room...with their 73-year old center.

Georgetown - Bill Clinton went to Georgetown. John Thompson led the Hoyas to a championship in 1984 and, for some reason, that makes Georgetown a legendary basketball program. John Thompson is an angry, angry man. Roy Hibbert is an avid Pokemon fan (I'm not making that up) and and teammates frequently use the phrase "Power up, big fella", as a way of motivating Roy and getting him to play hard. They defeated UNC which is a big negative.

Florida - How many championships does a team need? Let's share Gators. Let's share. Football and basketball...booooooo. Anyway, Joakim Noah is insane and may have eaten a baby or two. He attempted to smack the pom-poms of a UCLA cheerleader...which is a big no-no. Billy Donovan is coach and he is flirting with Kentucky now. And Donovan coached at Marshall. And it's the Florida Gators. What more needs to be said to hate them?

Anyway, that's the Final Four. Not much to cheer for there. No underdogs. No coaches that inspire you. No player that really makes you feel good about their success. Just four "elite" programs (Georgetown, you're on the fringe) that made it to the Final Four. *Yawn*

No comments: