Friday, March 16, 2007

Goodnight Coach K

Out of all the games that occurred yesterday, including the NIT games, none gave me greater satisfaction than the VCU/Duke game. Is it wrong to hate a team so much that them losing if greater than any other team winning? Is it wrong to have such disdain for a coach that you would like to see him coach the Knicks? Is it wrong to hope someone goes Artest on Josh McRoberts? Well, if those things are wrong, I don't want to be right.

Anyway, I am currently 13-3 in my bracket, correctly calling the upset of Duke in the first round. I don't have any of my 3 losing teams advancing so I feel pretty good about my first day. For the most part, yesterday was a complete snoozer. No major upsets (unless you count the Duke game). We'll see how today goes...the Notre Dame/Winthrop game is giving me the most worries considering I have ND in the Elite Eight. Other than that, I feel pretty good.

Once again, I encourage folks to come over and join CollegeSportsLiveHere.com and try to breathe a little life into the board. I can only write so much myself. Secondly, I received an invitation to join wvbloggers.com which is another forum for West Virginia sports...so, I joined and haven't posted yet but I would encourage you to check that out too and maybe bash the Herd a little for fun.

Lastly, as for Mayo, I've heard a lot about the charges being dropped, yada yada...but the simple fact is the guy was charged for misdemeanor possession before the charges were dropped and Huntington's coach had an opportunity to send a message and failed to do so. The kid was in the car and their was marijuana in the car...now, I'm no genius but I can put two and two together...but, hey, it doesn't matter. Huntington will win the state championship tomorrow and Mayo will go to USC and the rest, as they say, will be history.

1 comment:

Christopher Scott Jones said...

"Is it wrong to hate a team so much that them losing if greater than any other team winning?"

That's how I feel about WVU football :)

The odd thing, however, is that I tend to root for WVU b-ball in all games 'cept for the annual Charleston game.

Look forward to seeing you on the boards...