Friday, March 23, 2007

It's Over

Put a fork in me...I'm done. My bracket officially died last night when Texas A&M couldn't get a rebound to win a huge game. My chances of winning were smashed when Texas A&M fouled a Mephis player with 3.1 seconds remaining. My dreams were crushed when, inexplicablly, A&M inbounded the ball, it went out of bounds almost immediately and the officials took 1.1 seconds off the clock. And then, just to rub a little salt in the wound, UCLA decided to score a few points and beat Pitt...

And then, with my bracket busted anyway, I was hoping Ohio State would fall. And that just wasn't meant to be either. The 73-year old Greg Oden had to make a block to beat Tennessee. Oh, why hath thou forsaken thee?

Anyway, with my bracket officially dead, I can just sit back and root for the Tarheels now. I don't have them winning it all...but who cares? Maybe Roy can get the boys to play cohesively and they'll put together a run. They have to win tonight to get that started though.

WVU plays against Mississippi State in the semifinals in New York on Tuesday night. So, the question is whether you would rather have your team in the NIT and still playing or in the NCAA tournament where they play one game and go home? I'm glad we're in the NIT and still playing. It's great experience for the younger players and I think it will pay major dividends in the upcoming year.

No comments: