Sunday, October 29, 2006

WVU #3; Louisville #5

Well, it's official: WVU is now #3 in the BCS polls. Louisville is #5. And, other than the talk of a Michigan/Ohio State rematch in the BCS Championship (which will not happen), most people agree that if WVU beats Louisville and finishes undefeated, it will be WVU vs. the winner of the Ohio State/Michigan match in the national championship. Of course, I don't want to look that far...if, and that's a big IF, WVU beats UL, they still have to play at Pittsburgh, host a decent Cincinnati team, a good USF team and a great Rutgers squad. But it's becoming clearer that if WVU takes care of business, they will have another shot at a national championship in the desert.

In other news, I'm watching the Steelers lose to "da Raiders" right now. Big Ben has just thrown his THIRD interception. I am now officially on Charlie Batch watch. I don't know if the Steelers will really lose, but if they do, Pittsbugh is done. They will officially be a "bad" team. I hate to say that but there's not other way to put it. No repeat. No playoffs. I'll reserve final judgment for tomorrow. But the fact they are struggling against Oakland says a lot.

Some other quick observations:
  • Michael (or is it Mike now?) Vick threw the Falcons to another victory today. Well, I still don't think he's that good. Just give it a little time...the Ron Mexico we all grew to hate will show himself again. It's only a matter of time.
  • Chicago is just plain awesome. 41 first half points against San Fran. I know it's the 49ers but 41 points in a half is unbelievable. I like Da Bears.
  • Fire Denny Green today, please. Even the Cardinals deserve better.
  • Baltimore is the best team in the AFC North.
  • Philadelphia is overrated...like they are every year.

Lastly, if you're voting in this election, I would like you to consider voting for Roger Anderson for City Council. I know Roger well and I know he would do a great job for the City of Fairmont. Thanks...

No comments: