Thursday, October 19, 2006

They Were Who We Thought They Were

Denny Green's meltdown on Monday night was truly a thing of beauty. As meltdowns go, it wasn't the greatest. I still prefer Iverson's "We're talking about PRACTICE" or Jim Mora's "Playoffs?!? PLAYOFFS?!?" Maybe Herm Edwards' "You play to win the game!" or John Cheney's "I'm gonna kill you." But something about Green's blowup just seemed right...a little understated, hit the microphones and storm off. Overall, I give it a 6. I didn't crown him...just a six.

I'm surprised more coaches don't blow up like that after heartbreaking losses. Let's face it, Arizona had the Bears whipped. And I had already crowned the Bears. Chicago's offense could do nothing right. The Cardinals defense was decent. The offense scored. There is no way Arizona should have lost that game. And then your field goal kicker misses the game winner. How do you know blowup? How do you not lose it? Seriously?

Ah well, anyway...Game 7 of the NLCS tonight. I like the Mets tonight. Something about Shea Stadium. Then the Tigers win the World Series and Detroit is finally removed from the map following massive rioting. Or maybe not. Seems like Detroit fans might have grown up some. No rioting after the ALCS victory. I don't understand rioting after victories. There should be rioting after defeats where fans of the losing team throw stones at their team's stadium. Not vice versa.

Yeah...so, on with the predictions:

Fairmont Senior 21 - Wheeling Park 24
Bridgeport (who lost to GRAFTON last week) 35 - Nicholas County 13
Morgantown 34 - John Marshall 21
East Fairmont 30 - Buck-Up 13
Clemson 24 - Ga. Tech 17
Pittsburgh 28 - Atlanta 21 (Ron Mexico is stopped!)

AND

WVU 45 - UCONN 13

AND LASTLY, my friend Mr. Davis from WVConfidential is "allegedly" moving to Chicago at the end of the month. Do I believe it is part of a terrorist plot? Yes, actually. But I wish him the best of luck anyway.

No comments: