Friday, October 06, 2006

I Can't Help It

I like Chuck Amato. I don't know what it is about the NC State coach but I can't help but like the guy. Yeah, he seems a bit unstable. His voice is just unbearable. He's not much to look at either. And he hasn't really led NC State to the national stage they thought he was going to. But, he's 4-3 against Florida State and that is one plus. He also seems genuinely into the game. He cares about his kids. He cares about what is happening on the field. I'm not sure he's the greatest coach in the world. But he may be the craziest. And I kinda like that. And I really like that he beat Florida State. Did I mention that earlier?

On the other hand, I do not like Mickey Andrews at Florida State. I think it's because he has no lips. Or maybe it's because every time they cut to him during a Florida State game, he is spitting something somewhere. Can you imagine talking to this guy? I think you would walk away covered with whatever he has in his mouth. The guy kinda creeps me out. He's a very talented defensive coordinator...he's done great things at FSU. But can't he do something about that spitting thing. And why does ESPN find it necessary to show him 800 times per game? Give me a break.

Speaking of ESPN coverage, it really gets boring. Show Bowden. Show Amato. Show Andrews. Show Evans' dad during radio commentary. Let Fowler and Herbstreit argue a little. Go back to Bowden. Back to Amato. Etc., etc. Who is producing these things? Yeah, there's only so much to show but maybe they could focus on the game a little more. I don't care who Mickey Andrews is spitting on. Did I mention that earlier?

One last thing on this subject: The ACC is really bad. I mean, they really are pretty bad. Is Clemson the class of the ACC? Or Wake Forest? The ACC is not the SEC where there are a handful of elite teams that could beat up on each other. The ACC is just that bad that anyone can beat anyone. FSU was supposed to be the class after they beat Miami. Miami is horrible. FSU lost to a team that lost to Akron. Virginia Tech - no. Georgia Tech - lost to Notre Dame. The ACC is really bad.

Predictions for this week:

East Fairmont 35 - Lewis County 6
West Fairmont 42 - Buck-Up 17
Morgatown 52 - North Marion 10
LSU 17 - Florida 14
Oklahoma 23 - Texas 21
WVU 45 - MSU 17
Chargers 28 - Steelers 17 (OUCH!)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Why are we playing the Chargers in San Diego again this year? I'd say the season is over if we can't pull this one out.