Monday, October 02, 2006

Football

An exciting yet pretty disappointing weekend in football. Lots of potential upsets in college football this weekend but none panned out...unless you count Georgia Tech over Virginia Tech an upset. I didn't really count it...the Hokies aren't that great.

South Carolina nearly upset Auburn...but it didn't happen. I was prepared to write a big article about how much I liked Steve Spurrier (which I don't) but he blew the game. I don't like Steve Spurrier. Iowa never really got going against Ohio State. WSU hung tough against USC but couldn't pull it out. Alabama blew it late against Florida. The Notre Dame offense showed life against Purdue. And Rutgers is still undefeated. That pretty much sums up college football...oh, and Lou Holtz still needs to be fired.

As for the NFL, the Raiders really may not win a football game all season. Cincinnati bowed to Tom Brady's thrown. Chris Henry was suspended. Washington is showing life. Baltimore is 4-0 and may be the best team in the AFC North. Miami, the pre-season hot pick, it struggling (like their college counterpart). Tennessee may be as bad as the Raiders.

Once again, pretty boring. Except for Da Bears. Chicago may be the best team in football right now. The defense is awesome and Rex Grossman figured out how to throw the ball again. Chicago stomped Seattle last night and I was very impressed. Some Seattle folks will say that the lack of Shaun Alexander made the difference...that's bull. Chicago dominated Seattle and I don't think it mattered who Seattle had or what they did...37-6 is not something one running back can overcome. Chicago is my pick for the NFC now.

Anyway, that's about it for the ol' football roundup. Pretty boring I would say...

No comments: