Monday, March 13, 2006

Bracketology Pt. 2

Alright, back to the brackets...I've already said that all the 1, 2 and 3 seeds will advance to the second round...so, how about the 4s? LSU should dispose of Iona, Kansas is rolling..should have a problem with Bradley. Illinois and Boston College also move on. So, seeds 1-4, I have zero upsets. That's pretty unusual for my brackets.

As far as 5's, Syracuse, Pittsburgh, Washington and Nevada move on as well...no upsets. Yeah, I'm a little suspect about that too...no upsets for the first 5 seeds...come on. But, hey, I go with my gut and it says these teams move on to the second round. I really do have some upsets later in my bracket.

6's? West Virginia, San Diego State (my first upset), Michigan State and Wisconsin-Milwaukee (another upset). I don't like Indiana...Davis isn't coming back next year and I don't think they're going to win. As far as Wisconsin-Milwauke...well, I just like them. But it is definitely a dangerous pick having them beat Oklahoma.

For the 7's, I have California, Marquette, Northern Iowa (Sorry G-Town) and Seton Hall. Seton Hall defeating Wichita State will really hurt because it will be my last chance to say "the Shockers will play tomorrow night." Lastly, the 8/9's, the snubbed George Washington, Bucknell, Kentucky and Wisconsin.

I'll release my full bracket at a later date...but those are my first round picks and, as always, I stand behind them 100%. I know you want to know have far I have WVU going...well, not as far as last year but a successful year nonetheless. More later...

No comments: