Saturday, March 18, 2006

Adios Mike Davis!

With their loss tonight to Gonzaga, the Mike Davis era at Indiana has finally come to a close...only about 5 years too late. I wasn't anti-Mike Davis because he replaced Bobby Knight and I wasn't anti-Davis because I didn't like Indiana. I was anti-Davis because he whined from the moment he arrived that he wasn't being accepted by the Indiana fans He constantly complained about how hard it was to be Indiana's coach after Knight. He told the media that the fans of Indiana wanted Knight back. He basically took every opportunity he was given to imply the Indiana fans who criticized him were hicks and racists. Wonder why he was never accepted by the Hoosier faithful?

Do you think WVU fans would have accepted John Beilein if he acted like Davis? I mean, Beilein wasn't WVU's first choice (Huggins) and there were a lot of complaints his first couple years about his system. Did he whine about it? Did you hear him talk badly about the fans of West Virginia? No, he stuck to his guns and worked and now he has endeared himself to Mountaineer fans everywhere. Davis could have done the same but he wanted sympathy. Or maybe Davis really did feel unwanted and decided to use the media as his therapist. I don't know about you...but, that's not the kind of coach I'd want. Give me Beilein...or Knight...just not Mike Davis.

Gonzaga eliminated Davis and Indiana...which makes me happy. However, I have had just about all I can take of Adam Morrison. I have tried to like Morrison all year...I mean, if my only alternative is Redick, I have to take Morrison. But his ball pounding and face slapping and, well, just constant insanity has finally turned me against him. I want good basketball...I don't need this crazy man act. He's lucky Marco Killingsworth didn't take his head off.

Alright, that's about it for tonight. Mountaineers tip tomorrow around 2:45. Get out the blue and gold...

No comments: