Wednesday, January 04, 2006

A West Virginia Tragedy

I'm saddened and disgusted with the whole mining accident thing in Upshur County. It's a tragedy for a lot of people...mining is a dangerous industry, as evidenced many times over. But, it's a job that has to be done...some in the media, like Katie Couric, don't understand that...but, it's a tragedy and I feel sorry for all the families affected. I'm disgusted by the media coverage...I'm disgusted by the fact I went to bed this morning thinking 12 survived and wake up this morning to find that 12 perished. The media needs to learn to confirm things before they report it...but, this is just like New Orleans and Election 2000...the media hears something and reports it as the gospel regardless of the truth. But, I'm sure there will be a lot on that over the next few days.

Not that anything else is all that important but I'll comment on a few other things...congratulations to Joe Paterno. He does it the "right way". He recruits good players with integrity...not the thugs that Bowden has made his living off of. JoePa cares about his players and the PSU...I'm not so sure about Bobby.

I hope Texas stomps USC tonight...I'm not sure that will happen but it would definitely be a great cap to a good bowl season.

I had anticipated writing about my New Year's resolutions today (or lack thereof) but I'm not feeling too great...lack of sleep or illness...I'm not exactly sure yet. Maybe I'll get to it tomorrow...

No comments: