Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Basketball Rumors...and other stuff...

Now, I've heard this through the grapevine but I have no evidence whatsoever that it is actually true...pure rumor. But, if you have more detail, please provide. Rumor is that Mrs. Beilein isn't real happy with Morgantown...she doesn't particularly care for West Virginia. She doesn't hate it...she just doesn't like it here and she has been encouraging John to look elsewhere for employment.

Now, if John Beilein were to leave, now would be the best time for him to do so. He's not going to get any hotter than he is now...and, look at who is leaving after this season (Beilein, Pittsnogle, Gansey, Herber and Collins). He's basically going to be starting from scratch next season. And, judging from what we have seen from bench play this year, he has a long way to go. His son will be gone...and he has proven his system will work in big-time basketball. He really has nothing left to prove.

So, if Beilein would leave at the end of the season, guess who needs a job? Bobby Huggins. Yes, I have heard that the administration at WVU is prepared to offer Bobby a job if Beilein were to leave...and Huggins already has recruits lined up to follow him where he ends up. Now, don't get me wrong, I don't think there's anyone at WVU hoping Beilein leaves...but, if he does, there's a replacement sitting somewhere waiting for a job that has a reputation as a big-time coach (and a big-time thug). Once again, pure rumor...not really substantiated by anyone...but, sounds like a scenario that could occur. We'll know for sure after the NCAA tournament.

Okay...so, now just a couple questions. What is with the tatoos on Pittsnogle? I mean, I know everyone makes fun of them but seriously. It looks like a 5-year old started drawing on him and he decided to have it permanently affixed to his body. He looks ridiculous. I mean, I'm glad he plays well and I hope he makes it in the NBA...but I think he should invest in some tatoo removal. It's just really bad.

And what's up with Gansey's hair? I mean, I'm not saying he needs to brush it or anything...but, why does it stand up in the back like that? That's just weird. It always looks about the same which makes me believe he fixes it that way...which is strange. I'm thinking about sending him a comb. Oh, and speaking of Gansey, there's some good buzz following him...a lot of people are talking that he may go 2nd round in the NBA draft. He would be a good 7th or 8th man to come into a game...play awesome defense and create some shots. If Gansey and Pittsnogle are drafted, Beilein will have done something that Catlett couldn't...that is get some players into the NBA. And Herber has a good chance of making some really good money playing basketball in Germany. That's a pretty successful class...especially considering what WVU was going through when they started.

No comments: