Sunday, January 22, 2006

Updating Finally...

Well, WVU had a huge win against the Bruins on Saturday...it was a good day for all the Big East really. Georgetown took down Duke and Pitt is no longer undefeated. Anyway, WVU beat UCLA and did it without making many good shots in the second half. Obviously Pittsnogle was off his game and the 3's weren't dropping like we've become accustomed to. Yet, the defense played well and Mountaineers grinded out a tough victory. That's a good sign...they could have easily folded when UCLA was on its run but they didn't...they held on. So, we've seen this team take huge leads and let teams back in but still win...fall behind and come back and win, and blow opponents out of the water completely when the shots are falling. They really have the potential to get far this year...hopefully they don't drown in the mounting expectations.

And the expectations are mounting as they gain respect. I'm tired of Mountaineer fans whining about not getting respect. That's bull. The Mountaineer basketball team gets a lot of respect...I don't like ESPN but they are talking about WVU as a legitimate Final Four threat. Dickie V is talking about Mike Gansey during ACC games...Andy Katz is saying WVU's offense is like a concert piece. I mean, how much more do people want? Oh, that's right, they're still talking about the lack of respect in football. Well, I think we have gotten it there too. Pat Forde is calling us a preseason #1. But, keep this in mind people, we won one game. One big game...and look at how much we want from it. People are saying this makes WVU a big-time program and legitimizes the Big East...there are a lot of articles that are saying that. I'm not sure...I think it's the base for something good but the Big East needs to win some more games to be a big-time football conference and WVU needs to keep winning too. Teams like Ohio State and Texas don't have just one good season but many in a row to become a big league program...WVU has a few at best.

As far as myself...I have been busy at work. We had a trial going on this week and were preparing for another at the same time. And, on top of that, I had to get equipment ordered and ready to take to Oglebay Monday for a portable office setup. So, it was really busy and I haven't had time to do much of anything...even keep up on the news to have something to write about. Have you ever tried to OCR 11,000+ documents...it takes a long time. And then I'm trying to seutp remote access to our document system and make it somewhat secure. Yeah, work is good stuff.

Oh, but I did have time to watch American Idol. I truly hate that show but I watch it. It embarrasses me as the viewer. It's absolutely insane. Everyone at work has been singing "I Shot the Sheriff" like the deputy from Wheeling. All I could think was "how can that guy go back to work?" It would have to be a bet or something...otherwise I'm sure the other officers would make his life very difficult. I just don't understand the really bad people that appear on the show...is it a joke? Are they really serious? They can't be...can they?

So, anyway, that's about it I guess. I'm traveling to Wheeling on Monday, Martinsburg on Tuesday and Moundsville on Friday...probably Moundsville the following Monday too. Other than that, I plan to be in good ol' Fairmont.

No comments: