Monday, January 23, 2006

Here We Go, Steelers...

Well, the Steelers have finally reached the Super Bowl again. I think there's a reason they win on the road...and that is that daggone "Here We Go, Steelers" song. I mean, who wants to listen to that thing...I think when the Steeler players think about going to the Super Bowl, they think about that song and that's why they lose. Seriously...end the misery. But, when they're out of town, they don't have to hear it so they win.

Anyway, I was surprised by the effectiveness of the Steelers offense throughout the playoffs. Roethlisberger is a pretty good quarterback and we have some tough receivers. I think the Steelers/Seahawks matchup is pretty good...Cowher vs. Holmgrem. Should be something cool to watch.

Anyway, I went to Wheeling today...to Oglebay to be exact. Had to setup some computers at the Waddington House. Now, I've been to Oglebay before but not this cabin. Man, is it nice. 5 bedrooms...all with private baths and private entrances. I huge dining room, kitchen, family room and bar area. Nice deck area with grill...a big conference table. Nice place is what I'm saying. Only $3000 a week during the off-season. Now, that sounds like a lot but when you break it down to say like 10 people...that's only $300 a person for a week...sounds like a deal to me. Maybe a nice place to go next year...

I went up with a coworker and after we setup the cabin, we headed downtown to Quizno's to buy some lunch. After we left, some old man approached and said "I have some good news for you two." Now, I was a little taken aback by him...I didn't know whether he was going to shoot me or hand me some candy or something. I stood there and waited and he told me that Jesus loved me and would be visiting soon. My friend thanked him...and he said "huh". My friend said "awesome" and he said "huh". My friend said "That's good news," and he said "yeah". As we walked down the street, I said something about hmmm, well, at least he didn't shoot me and my friend said "huh" and I spit pepsi all over the sidewalk. That was the most exciting thing that happened today...

No comments: