Sunday, January 15, 2006

First of all, who could ever get tired of watching Georgia fans' reactions to the Sugar Bowl. Thanks to Brian for sending me this...it was a hoot:
http://eersfan.com/Georgia_Bravado.htm

Second, how bad do you feel for Tom Brady right now? Can you imagine the pain he is going through now? I mean, to only win 10 playoff games in a row. I really feel his pain today. But at least he gave the Broncos credit for coming out and playing a good game and forcing 5 turnovers to beat the hapless Patritots. "When you lose, you want to go down fighting," Brady said. "You want to go down playing your best and we didn't do that. We made it easy for them." Hmmm, maybe he didn't give credit to Denver after all.

It's kind of like the Sugar Bowl game...yeah, maybe you didn't feel you put up your best game, like Georgia says they didn't, but that is the game you played and Denver beat you playing the game you played. You can't go back and play another game...whether it was your best effort or worst effort, it's the effort you played with for that game and that's all you can do. Teams don't "beat themselves"...the other team beats them and that's the end of the discussion.

Next, how many other people thought the Bus blew the game for the Steelers? Be honest. I did so I know darn well you did too. All I could think was "Is this how he is going to end his career?" Can you imagine having the career Bettis has had just to fumble away a final shot at a Super Bowl ring? It would be fitting in some way...but it definitely would suck. I can't wait til next weekend to see what the Steelers can do against the Broncos. It should be a good game. However, with the Colts loss, I lost my opportunity to have the Super Bowl party at Dorsey Knob Lodge courtesy of the Eric McGuire Radio Network. Oh well, like I told everyone, I would glady trade that party for a Steelers win...and it looks like that is what happened.

Ummmm...I really don't care about the other NFL games at the moment. The Mountaineer basketball team continues to impress me. A few more wins and they'll lock up their NCAA tournament berth. If this team is clicking come tournament time, they could have a shot. As a columnist from ESPN said, this is the team that could do anything...it wouldn't completely shock you if they went out in the first round and it wouldn't completely shock you if they ended up in the championship game.

I didn't hear too much more today about the protesters at the Sago mine memorial today. The media bought right into their crap though...and gave them what they so desparately sought...attention. People were visiting their website and discussing their views, whatever those may be. That's what they wanted...and, they got it. Oh well, I guess that's just how things go.

Lastly, if you're looking for an alarm clock, get this one: http://www.uberreview.com/2006/01/clocky-alarm-clock-for-snooze-button.htm

No comments: