Wednesday, January 25, 2006

More Stuff

Well, in lieu of the traditional Steelers songs, here are a couple songs that are receiving rotation on the Eric McGuire Radio Show...my favorite morning show I guess. Steeler Song and PAHLAMALU SONG. The former was actually submitted by myself...a relative of a coworker sang it and I thought it was cool enough to be on the radio. Anyway, go here and vote for Mike Gansey: Vote For Mike Gansey. An article from Dickie V. - The Big B-east Confrence.

I've noticed something odd over the past couple months...there is this sudden and compulsive obsession with Chuck Norris that I'm not sure I completely understand. Collegehumor is devoting all kinds of picture space to him...I mean, he's funny and all but I don't get it. Why did this trend start? It has spawned such sites as http://www.chucknorrisfacts.com/. Which gives us Norris facts like:

Chuck Norris' tears cure cancer. Too bad he has never cried. Ever.
Chuck Norris does not sleep. He waits.
Chuck Norris is currently suing NBC, claiming Law and Order are trademarked names for his left and right legs.
The chief export of Chuck Norris is pain.

I guess it's funny...it's also very stupid and odd. But, that's our society...occassionally this random and completely absurd phenomenon comes about and attracts a large portion of people. I can't explain it...I just revel in the hilarity of it all.

I watched American Idol again last night...I really feel bad about it too. I mean, I just can't stand that show but I can't turn it off. I'm thinking about seeking professional help...and, that's about it for right now.

No comments: