- Bill Stewarts leads WVU to Fiesta Bowl win and is promptly hired as the next coach of the West Virginia Mountaineers. It was an emotional choice and is still somewhat questionable.
- Went up to Shred Rodriguez night in Wheeling and attended my first hockey game. It was a good experience. Went to another one this year and will probably attend a couple next year. Good entertainment for a low, low price. Can't beat that in today's economy.
- February is a long, long month despite its shortness. If things could go wrong, they more than likely did.
- Eli Manning wins a Super Bowl, Brett Favre becomes a queen when he retires and then conceded the throne by returning to the NFL, leaving Green Bay in a mess.
- We begin rolling out Vista to end users. The event will haunt us throughout the rest of 2008 and continues in 2009. Bring on Windows 7!
- WVU, under the direction of that Pimp Bob Huggins, once again, and surprisingly, visits the Sweet 16.
- Took a cruise down Bahamas way. Very interesting...want to take another.
- Attended a Pirates game to watch them continue their streak of futility. How 'bout them Pirates? Eh, don't ask.
- Mike Garrison was chased from West Virginia University following the Bresch degree scandal. Hey, if he didnt' go then, he'd be chased out now over the disappointing football season.
- I went to the Strawberry Festival in Buckhannon. More entertaining then one would think.
- Went to Ocean City for about 5-days. Felt like a lifetime. The stop at Barbara Fritchie's was, unfortunately, the highlight. Ah, I kid...kinda.
- Attended the Steve Miller Band and Joe Cocker concert at Post-Gazette. An amazing performance by both entertainers.
- Left for a few days and came back to find my desk had been given the Jonas Brothers business. Ah, those darn Jonas Brothers.
- The economy continues a downward spiral. Too many articles to even begin linking.
- I satirically predicted WVU would lose to Villanova. Never in my wildest dreams would I have thought WVU would lose 4-games (ECU, Colorado, Cincinnati and PITT and nearly more) over the course of the season. My satire was closer to reality than preseason polls...that's for sure. (And my Bill Stewart quotes are spot-on.)
- America elected a new president. Only time will tell....
- Headed down to Louisville to watch WVU actually win a football game. Unfortunately, I went up to Pittsburgh and had a much different experience (in multiple ways...?)
So, that seems to about cover my 2008. I don't anticipate anything exciting over the next 2 weeks. I am almost certainly not going to the Car Bowl in Charlotte (notice the almost, though). The Year 2009 should be interesting...a new president and a struggling economy should be weighing the heaviest on the minds of citizens. There will be a lot of eyes turning to Mountaineer basketball soon and then growing dissatisfaction with Bill Stewart could turn ugly if 2009 is worse than 2008. Sports...always entertaining...just like politics.
Anyway, that's all for now. Now back to trying to figure out this Vista mess. Some things never seem to end.