Wednesday, September 26, 2007

Blocking the Bridge

For too often, I am traveling to work in the morning only to be stopped in traffic near the Kingmont exit. Why, you might ask? Well, it is because an over-sized load would like to cross the bridge on I-79 just south of Kingmont and, for whatever reason (weight, size?), the accompanying vehicles block all traffic from being on the bridge with the over-sized load. This creates a traffic hazard like no other because there are no warnings. And, if you happen to be one of the unfortunate ones who come upon this traffic before it goes beyond the Kingmont bridge, watch out.

There's just enough of a hill before that I-79 bridge to make it nearly impossible to see that traffic is stopped. And, if you are cruising at a comfortable 70 MPH, it is very difficult to stop in that short of a span. It is very, very hazardous. Surely there has to be a better way. I cannot believe a large truck hasn't plowed over some unsuspecting Yugo driver there yet. It's a very dangerous situation that hasn't been addressed. I am just thankful that I haven't been crushed yet.

Also on my morning commutes, I have noticed that Bridgeport stinks. Just south of the Meadowbrook Mall exit is a foul odor that is undescribeable. Apparently there is a sewage treatment facility near that area. Well, some mornings it is nearly unbearable to drive through there. I can't believe the people of Bridgeport would put up with such a thing. It's not good for business, that's for sure.

No comments: