Monday, November 13, 2006

Where Did Christmas Go?

Away apparently...but Christmas is back. At least that's what Wal-Mart says. And Macy's. The stores are dumping their Happy Holidays schtick and getting back to Merry Christmas. Wal-Mart says it lost business when it dumped Christmas for Holidays. So, despite the calls by the minority not to utter the word "Christmas," major department chains are bringing by the Christmas in hopes of boosting sales.

Honestly, it doesn't matter a whole lot to me but I never saw a reason to dump Christmas. We celebrate every other holiday with zeal. It's not like Kwazaa has been ignored. I've heard more about Ramadan in the past few years than I really care for but I'm not asking people to forget it. I don't think Hanukkah has been overlooked. No one is afraid to go out there and promote those holidays. But Christmas is taboo? Why? When did it become completely unacceptable for anything the majority wants to be forbidden? Something is out of whack here...

Anyway, just some quick hits to finish the day:

That's about it for right now I think.

No comments: