Sunday, November 05, 2006

Final Posting Today

Well, this is my third and final posting on Sunday. The BCS rankings have surprised me too with WVU hanging at #10. Apparently some people don't feel WVU or the Big East deserve to have a #3 team or a #10 team. Here's what Jason Whitlock of the Kansas City Star said:

"After watching the West Virginia-Louisville game Thursday night I was shocked at how poorly the defenses played," Whitlock said in an e-mail to the AP on Sunday. "I don't think either one of those teams would survive against the best teams in the SEC. So there are four SEC teams that I think are better than Louisville. I also think Ohio State, Texas, USC and Michigan are better than Louisville."

That is crap. I want some justification for those comments. It makes no sense. What? You going to point to Strength of Schedule. Fine...let's look at some schedule strengths according to CBS Sports: Ohio State - #32; Louisville - #39; Auburn- #26; USC - #24; WVU - #35; Notre Dame - #30. Seems to me that WVU and Louisville's SOS is consistent with some other top teams. As far as WVU's schedule, the win over Maryland looks more impressive every week, Missippi State beat Alabama and Marshall and ECU are winning. Plus their toughest games lie ahead and will improve the SOS. Louisville's SOS should also improve at the end of the season.

I do not believe Jason Whitlock. I do not believe there are four teams in the SEC better than Louisville. I belive WVU and Louisville could be competitive against the SEC or any of the other four teams he mentions in his quote. Apparently someone hid Whitlock's donuts from him before he voted and he believes it was Mike Tranghese...that's the only thing I can come up with.

Lastly, I don't know if the Steelers will make a comeback and beat Denver or not. Either way, it's all about the turnovers...

No comments: