Monday, November 06, 2006

Election Time

Well, it's about that time -- time for mid-term elections. Pardon me if I don't sound overly excited about the election. I'll vote and then I'll move on and tomorrow night I'll sit around to see if Republicans are able to keep their majority in the House and Senate. My gut feeling is they will hold at least one and probably both. I have been wrong in the past...but not very often.

I will be the first to admit that I am not overly pleased with the Republican party today. I am a fiscal conservative and I don't believe the Republican party has done much to advance a conservative agenda. George Bush is not a true conservative. The House and Senate have been wishy-washy. Instead, as most point out, the Republican party has created more entitlement programs and expanded the government...a liberal agenda. And that doesn't make me too pleased.

However, at least I know what I'm getting with the Republican party. There is no agenda set for the Democrats. They have run their entire election cycle on two things: Iraq and George Bush. Well, guess what, electing Democrats will not get us out of Iraq and will not remove GWB from office. That's a fact. I haven't heard anything from Democrats on a social or fiscal agenda. What I'm hearing is they want to raise taxes, raise the minimum wage and raise the federal budget...3 things which I vigorously oppose. As far as social issues, they don't mean as much to me.

I'm just a little nervous as to what will happen over the next 2 years with a Democrat controlled House or Senate. I'm not looking forward to impeachment hearings or the constant barrage of investigations that will occur until a Democrat regime. I am not looking forward to higher taxes so I can pay for someone's welfare. I don't support that. I'm scared of the uncertainty of Democrats. I'm not a status quo kinda guy...but in this case, I'm have to be.

No comments: