Friday, July 21, 2006

Some Random Things

I think I've made my stand on the Israel subject pretty clear...I refer back to my plan of action earlier in which Israel wipes out Lebanon and then plays a hand in the rebuilding. I really believe that would be the best move to try to build some goodwill in the region following their continued assault on Hezbollah in southern Lebanon. Israel has every right to defend itself but it must help in the resurrection of the unstable Lebanon.

Anyway, in other news, Tiger is playing Tiger-like out at Royal Liverpool with a dominating 12-under score through two rounds in the British Open. Of course, it's not over by any means but it sure appears Tiger has the course's number. The one thing I really don't like about the British Open is the TV schedule here in the States (shouldn't everything revolve around MY schedule?). But, I caught some of it this morning and, well, it definitely doesn't look like the British Open. The grass is pretty dead (hot, no rain) and the wind that makes the British Open so crazy is non-existent. But, looks like good golf and I can't wait to see what happens over the weekend.

Barry Bonds wasn't indicted...yet. The grand jury will continue to look at tax-evasion and perjury charges. But, Bonds survives another day and gets another homerun. You could almost hear Bud Selig's heartbreak. Does anyone really want Bonds to break Hank Aaron's record at this point? You know Selig doesn't...he's made that rather clear. But, without an injury or some jail time it looks inevitable.

Lastly, for this morning, The Onion had a terrific satirical article entitled: PNC Park Threatens To Leave Pittsburgh Unless Better Team Is Built. I somehow believe this may actually be true. If I were PNC, I would want to leave too. And, once again, for those disgruntled Pirate fans out there, visit http://www.iratefans.com/ and let your frustration be know.

No comments: