Thursday, February 21, 2008

Random Stuff

Oh, just a few random things for fun because I don't have anything else to ramble about:
  • If you're not listening to WFGM, 93.1, you're missing out. And, no, I'm not on payroll. But, man, I love that station. The Hollies, Diana Ross (with and without the Supremes), Aretha Franklin, 10CC, REO Speedwagon...just an amazing mix of all kinds of stuff. And, while there are obviously going to be repeats, it's not too bad because of the variety. And the music is good.
  • I have started out my last 2 weeks of work by listening to "Midnight Train to Georgia" by Gladys Knight and the Pips. I can't explain why but I like that song and the Pips are amazing.
  • WVU basketball. Ummm, well, Villanova is not that good. Devastating loss that could cost them a trip to the NCAA tournament. Kinda like that Cincy debacle. And with 3 of the last 5 games on the road, it's going to be tough. They need to win at least 4 in my opinion and at least 1 in the Big East Tournament. Otherwise, I think they'll be left out and defend their NIT Championship.
  • Oil prices are out of control. I hate to say it, but it looks like $4.00 per gallon gas this summer barring a real economic slowdown...or reversal.
  • Shaq didn't look horrible in his Phoenix Suns debut against LA. Yeah, the Suns lost but he wasn't nearly as bad as I thought he might be. Of course, I haven't seen a Heat game all year because they were just horrendous.
  • If Cuba could get it together, they could be the richest country in the Western Hemisphere. The first step is getting rid of Castro II and making me El Presidente.

I think that's about enough for this morning...and probably all day. I need to go image some computers. Woo-hoo for me.

No comments: